Sunday 7 January 2007

Happy new year

Hello and welcome to my first ever blog. Today I've woken up with a random Beegee's track in my head, a little dissatisfied with the world. My house is currently very cluttered with too much stuff, and on today's agenda is: take down the lounge curtain rail, put up new curtain pole, and fit new curtains (bought yesterday). Since moving in to this house 6ish years ago we've never had curtains that actually fit the lounge windows. The curtain rail has a small split in it making the curtains quite difficult to move past the split, not enough to make you lose your temper but enough for you to notice, sigh, and then 'jiggle' the curtains past the split point.

So hopefully you can see that today is a significant day in the household.

One less thing to worry about.

You may have noticed my title is "from Santa Cruz to Santa Cruz" this was a title I came up with last July. The 16th to be exact. I was on my way to Santa Cruz in Teneriffe to join a cruise ship for a few days, sail back to Southampton, and so it all again the following week (slightly different, that time; Corfu not Teneriffe). At the time I also knew I had booked a holiday/trip to California and knew I'd be spending most of my time (18days) in Santa Cruz Ca.

Whilst in the taxi from the airport (teneriffe) I decided a diary of the 5 and half months between the trips would be a productive thing to do...

I've only just got round to it.

Snappy title though, didn't want it to go to waste.

The big news of the last couple of days is my brother winning a days recording at Abbey Road studios with the Philhamonia Orchestra on Jan 19th. He can take one guest - I think it'll be me, but it'd be rude and presumptuous to expect it. I'll be extremely disappointed if it isn't me.

I have just checked my e-bay watched list to notice I didn't bid on, but now wish I had, the Harrods grand piano... It went for just three hundred and a bit pounds! Bargain.

The person selling the Chappell piano has got back to me and said all the right things with regard to the questions I asked. It may well be an option. Hmmm.

I'm off now to start pulling down curtain rails, I'm 100% sure this will not go as smoothly as I hope, I'll get angry, and disappointed (again), and lash out at the people around me (Kerry).

This is stopping me from wanting to start.

Stop stopping and starting (as Vic and Bob may have once said in falsetto voices, it seemed funny at the time, but now the comedy of the phrase escapes me).

Take care.

D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cheers on the great title! Found you through Sunshine's blog...

So have you made any Cali-style brownies yet?