Tuesday 9 January 2007

Blisters

So I lost my temper at the curtain rails (as expected) and have resigned myself to leaving the new pair up with exactly half the required nomber of screws holding it up. To cut a long frustrating story short, I bent two drill bits (secretly impressed with my superhuman strength), and made a big mess of the wall. My estimation of the time the job will take turned out to be way, way too short. "A couple of hours" turned in to the whole day.

And why did the drill bit bend at almost the exact same time the local DIY store closes? Half an hour sooner, I'd have bought a new one. Half an hour later, I'd have not bothered to leave the house, reckoning the shop would probably already be shut...

No, I trecked out to the shop with just enough optomism to end up being even more disappointed.

Played basketball last night, new boots, new blisters... Ouch!!! Very sore, I have patches of raw flesh the size of five pence pieces on the outsides of my little toes. We have a game on friday, away to the only team we've lost to this season.

I had no idea we'd won that many, at this rate, promotion to division one looks a serious option.

Mixed feelings about that - great, Div 1 (we're obviously getting better) or not great, Div 1 (expect to be pasted every week, with no real coach, tactics or plays, it'll be a season of looking forward to Div 2 again)... Hmmm, we'll see.

Very much looking forward to next friday, 19th January. With any luck I'll be accompanying my brother to his competition win trip to Abbey Road studios, London. He won the chance to record (or have recorded, depending on how you look at it) the piece of music he submitted by the Philharmonic Orchestra. Should be a day to remeber.

Had other good news today. Sky digital, have apologised to me for the bogus £260 bill debt they had instructed a collection agency to chase. One - nil to me. However, there really does seem something very wrong with the system that allows this to happen...

I recieve a "pay this now" kind of note from a very official sounding company via post. It is then up to me to prove I don't owe it, or just pay up. I spend a lot of money on the phone being bounced from one company to the next to finally be told "You'll have to write your case up, send it to us for us to investigate." I do this and spend even more money on guarenteed delivery (don't want this letter going missing, it could cost me £260).

I'm now told... "Soz", or words to that effect, and all is back to how it was the day before I recieved the letter...

Apart from, of couse, the hours of my life, the stress and hassel of dealing with it all, and the sum of money I've spent ironing out someone elses mistake!!!

All from one letter - utter maddness. I'd like to think that I could just ignore such letters, confident in justice prevailing and the correct bills would be issued and the bogus ones would fall by the wayside. However I'm fairly sure if I did ignore them, I'd end up with several more red looking ones and then some kind of court summoning or CCJ.

In other good news, recieved my posters through the post (where else would you get a poster) today. They look great. The one for Kerry's parents is huge. Looks great, but is massive. I'm now eyeing up walls in my house for the others.

Should go, got lots of prep to do for work tomorrow.

Take care.

D

No comments: